Cooking Tips: 11 Tips And Tricks To Make Everyday Cooking Easy And Hassle-Free
Cooking can be a wonderful experience. It’s fun, it’s empowering, and it gives you the opportunity to feel like your home is bursting with delicious aromas! However, cooking can also be a lot of work. Between measuring ingredients by sight rather than weight, constantly having to wash dishes after dinner, and finding time for food prep in your already-busy day -it’s easy to see why even cooking on a regular basis can get overwhelming. This blog post takes a look at eleven simple tips and tricks that anyone can do in order to make their cooking easier and more hassle-free.
How To Make Rotis Soft
There are so many things that you can do to make rotis soft. Some easy tips and tricks include:
-Warm the roti before frying. Rotis will fry better and be less likely to stick if they are slightly warm.
-Use a nonstick pan or spray oil. Rotis will not stick as much and will cook more evenly this way.
-Fry in small batches. This will prevent the roti from getting too hot, which can cause it to become crispy instead of soft.
-Do not overfill the pan with oil or heat. Overloading the pan with oil or heating it too high can cause the roti to become greasy and tough.
How To Make Creamy Gravies Without Using Store-Bought Cream
What could be more comforting than a creamy gravy made from scratch? There’s just something about the creaminess and richness that can really bring out the flavors in your food. And, while store-bought gravy may be convenient, making your own is definitely worth it.
Here are some tips on how to make creamy gravy without using store-bought cream:
- Use chicken broth instead of milk: Milk can quickly turn into a curdled mess when you add it to hot gravy ingredients, so opt for chicken broth instead. Not only is chicken broth less likely to cause this problem, but it also has a slightly different flavor that can add complexity to your gravy.
- Add thyme, sage or rosemary: These herbs are all known for their savory flavor and can help add depth of flavor to your gravy. Try adding a pinch of each herb to your broth before adding it to the pan and cooking until tender. Alternatively, you can use dried herbs instead of fresh ones if you have them on hand. Just be sure to adjust the amount according to how strong you want your final gravy to be.
- Use white wine or apple cider vinegar: Both white wine and apple cider vinegar are acidic, which will help break down the proteins in milk and create a smooth, creamy sauce. If you’re not a fan of vinegar, feel free to substitute with other liquids like water or stock. Just make sure that whatever you choose will
How To Boil Chickpea (Chana) Faster (in an hour)
If you ever find yourself with a batch of chickpeas that need to be cooked faster than the standard time, here is how to boil them in just an hour! First, gather all of your necessary ingredients. You will need a large pot, water, a teaspoon of salt, and the chickpeas. Soak the chickpeas overnight in cold water. The next morning, drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add them to the pot and fill it with fresh water. Stir in the salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Carefully remove the chickpeas from the pot with a slotted spoon and place them in a bowl or on a baking sheet to cool. Once they are cool enough to handle, finely chop them into small pieces. Enjoy!
How To Make All-In-One Gravy
If you’re a fan of gravy, you know that it can make your meals taste significantly better. And if you’re looking for an easy and hassle-free way to make all-in-one gravy, this recipe is for you!
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup tomato paste
In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and continue to cook for an additional minute. Add the chicken broth and white wine vinegar and bring to a boil. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and remove from the heat. Serve hot.
How To Reduce Excess Salt In Curries
There are a few simple tricks you can use to reduce the amount of salt you need in your curry recipes. Firstly, make sure that your spices are seasoned well before adding them to the pan. Secondly, be sparing with your use of salt – a little goes a long way in most cases. Finally, try using herbs and spices as substitutes for salt altogether – they will add aromatic flavour and some health benefits too.
How To Peel Garlic Quickly
Peeling garlic can be a pain in the neck, but with these easy tips, it’ll be a breeze!
To peel garlic quickly and easily: Start by cutting off one end of the garlic head. Peel off the skin with your fingers, being careful not to pull out the cloves inside. Then use a knife to cut off the top of the garlic head so that you’re left with just the peeled cloves.
Add oil in boiling water
- Adding oil to boiling water is a great way to make your cooking easy and hassle-free. Just add a tablespoon of oil to the pot before adding the other ingredients, and you’ll avoid troublesome sticking and scorching.
- Another helpful tip is to keep a close eye on the pot while it’s cooking; if it starts to boil over, turn down the heat immediately. And don’t forget to use a timer! It can be helpful in keeping track of how long your food has been simmering for.
- Finally, be sure not to overcrowd your pot when cooking; this will cause the food to cook unevenly and increase the chances of sticking or scorching.
Use heavy-bottomed vessel for boiling milk
Heavy-bottomed vessels are ideal for boiling milk because they ensure that the milk does not boil over. This is especially important when making thick or creamy milk products, as boiling over can cause lumps. When using a heavy-bottomed vessel, make sure to place it on a burner that is low to moderate heat. You also want to make sure that the pot has a tight fitting lid, as this will help to prevent steam from escaping and causing the milk to boil over.
How to make crispy pooris
Crispy Pooris are a popular street food in India. They are made from a dough of finely-ground rice and lentils, which is fried until crisp. This recipe is easy to follow, and will give you perfect crispy pooris every time.
1) Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a bowl. Add the oil and mix well to combine.
2) In another bowl, mix together the rice and lentils. Add enough water to make a soft but not sticky dough.
3) Knead the dough for about 10 minutes to form a smooth ball. It should be slightly sticky but not too wet or dry.
4) Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out into a thin sheet. Cut into circles with a biscuit cutter or drinking glass. Be careful not to over-cut the circles; they should be about 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter.
5) Heat some oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the pooris and cook for about 2 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy。
How to make garam masala
Making garam masala is a simple process that can be done in just a few minutes. You will need ingredients like cumin, chili powder, and salt. First, mix together the spices in a bowl. Then, add the oil to a pan and heat it up. Once it is hot, add the spice mixture and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Finally, add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until they are softened.
Once the onions are cooked, add the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes or until they are soft. Then, add the rice and cook for about 15 minutes or until everything is heated through. Finally, stir in the garam masala and serve warm.
How To Add Flavours To Dal
Adding flavors to Dal is an easy way to make it more interesting and flavorful. Here are a few tips:
- Start with a basic dal recipe and add your favorite spices, herbs, or vegetables.
- Use a flavor enhancer like cumin, chili powder, or garam masala.
- Add fresh ginger, garlic, or onion slices to the pot before cooking.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment! Try adding different types of legumes, fruits, or nuts for extra flavor.
Cooking can be a daunting task if you don’t have any tips or tricks up your sleeve. Luckily, this article has compiled a list of tips and tricks that will make cooking easy and hassle-free for you. From choosing the right cookware to mastering some basic kitchen skills, these tips will have you cooking like a pro in no time. So what are you waiting for? Start preparing those delicious meals today!